Position: SCRUM MASTER
Location: Chandigarh IT Park
Skill Set: Agile, CSM (Good to have), good communication skills, Team leading skills, Project
Experience: 5-8 Years (Minimum 3 Years as Scrum Master)
Qualification: B.Tech, MCA
Job Description: Scrum Master is highly proficient in the Agile process, and is a natural leader. The
Scrum Master’s function is to allow the Agile Team to become self-organizing through self-reflection,
through servant leadership.
1. Serve as Scrum Master for up to two delivery teams, focused on building out an exciting nascent
Version 2 product platform using the latest web technology offerings.
2. Facilitate the Scrum or Kanban process of planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives
with the team(s) and Product Owner(s).
3. Anticipate and aggressively remove impediments that slow down or prevent teams from
delivering objectives or reaching beyond their set goals to make them high performing.
4. Embrace, coach, and evangelize Agile values and principles in the teams
5. Promote positive team dynamics, encourage collaboration and guide the team toward selfmanaging
1. Understand basic fundamentals of iterative software development and MVP in its truest sense.
2. Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
3. Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
4. Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive
to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional environment
5. Ability to establish credibility and rapport with technical and non-technical team members alike
6. Experience using Agile software tools such as Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or Rally.
1. Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to
get the job done
2. Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams
3. Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
4. Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be
a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
5. Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to
6. Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
7. Continual improvement – Must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to
manage oneself and a team
8. Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
9. Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization