Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect
information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system,
Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage
data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Senior Full Stack Developer
● Work as active full stack hands-on developer in the scrum team
● Perform impact analysis and deliver solutions and scalable, testable code using Agile/scrum development environment.
● Deliver and contribute to overall team development efforts for timely and quality delivery.
● Maintain and contribute to code quality, repositories, and automation scripts.
● Participate in driving the quality of the product, all the way from requirements specification through release
● Create and perform front-end, back-end unit testing, provide support in functional test automation
● Groom and estimate sprint work along with other team members and enure commitments are met always
● Identify problems before they become impediments and create solutions through collaboration.
● Proactively identify upcoming technical challenges, and collaborate with peers to propose solutions and fix the issues.
● Assist in onboarding junior developers in the team, implement training and knowledge transfer to other developers as needed.
● Assist QA Engineers with the creation and maintenance of automated tests and help improve and extend test coverage
● Develop software using best practices and standards for all development
● Identify areas of impovement in process, tools and contribute with ideas, suggestionsSkills/Experience
● 7+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and highly available software solutions as a hands-on coder.
● Strong experience and coding skills with Ruby on Rails along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque.
● Experience working with at least two of the modern front end technologies like React, Angular, Elm, Vue etc
● Experience working with one or more database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
● Should be comfortable with writing test-scripts (Java/Ruby) and utilizing it for functional and integration testing
● Sound knowledge of data modeling and database designs
● Sound knowledge about modern software architectures, design patterns , single page apps, SSO and system integrations
● Experience with software development lifecycle processes and Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban, BDD/TDD)
● Knowledge of DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus, Jenkins will be a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Self motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
● Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Good to have skills
● Experience of knowledge of software accessibility guidelines
● Experience of working in globally distributed team