Business Analyst Job Description
The Business Analyst is the individual who has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the scrum team and the product owner. The BA serves as the bridge between the Product Owner, UX designer, and the Engineering team through whom the requirements flow.
A BA is involved at some level throughout the entire software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements set and verifying their satisfaction.
• Work with the product owner and UX designer to document requirements clearly.
• Use document analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, workflow analysis to ensure requirements are clear to stakeholders.
• Break product capabilities and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
• Perform impact and gap analysis for the application
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
• Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were implemented correctly
• Track requirements status throughout the project
• Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including the continuous improvement of a requirements process.
• Work with other departmental BAs to ensure dependencies are accounted for
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors or Master Degree
• 1-2 Years of experience in the same profile
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent questioning skills and analytical skills
• An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment in SAAS products
• Knowledge of existing tools for requirements development and requirements management
• Application domain knowledge is a plus
• Has SDLC and Agile knowledge
Competencies Measured By Characterised By
• Domain proficiency
• Product expert
• Discovery and problem analysis
• Epic, user story, and requirements writing
• Backlog management
• Defect Backlog management and prioritization
• Scrum ceremonies
• Tech debt impact
• Shared Understanding
• Definition of done
• Team collaboration
• Project Stakeholder communication Feature Success
Release Success Individual contributor